Finally! It’s been a long winter and I am so happy summer is finally here!
Summer is a season of discovery. It’s a time to relax and let loose. Time to take what you learned during the school year and launch your imagination into a 2 month-long adventure.
I hear so many of the adults around me say that they wish they could go back to the summers of their childhoods. I’m sure I will feel like that when I grow up so I am going to take advantage of every last-minute of my favorite season.
Here’s my Summer of ’14 Bucket List:
- No socks for the summer! Toe freedom! Sandals all the time!
- Make new friends at summer camp.
- My cousin Tara will take my annual birthday photos. This year it’s gonna be “Super”.
- Show everyone I know my Little League Trophy.
- Eat an ice pop every day.
- Watch my baby cousin Cordelia eat her first ice pop.
- Go to the sprinklers and run around until bedtime.
- Learn to ride my new bike without training wheels.
- Jump into my Aunt and Uncle’s pool at least 100 times in a row.
- Collect 50 hermit crabs at the beach in my bucket.
- Go to Rye Playland again with my best friends.
- Go to see How To Train Your Dragon 2.
- Rent the original Planet of the Apes and Godzilla movies and watch them with Dad.
- Have a sleep over at my cousin Jack’s and race on our scooters.
- Go to a crab house and bang the crabs with a hammer so I can eat them.
- Make and devour fruit smoothies with Mommy!
- Perfect my swimming.
- Blast my new Super Soaker in the pool.
- Chase fireflies when I visit my cousins Andrew, Alex & Jared out East.
- Line up for a Chipwich at the ice cream truck by the park.
- Run into school pals at the park and play on the jungle gym together.
- Chase the seagulls away at the beach.
- Make decaf blueberry tea with Mommy and drink tons of it.
- Visit my friends in New Jersey.
- Read more of the Magic Tree House books.
- Have a sleep over at my Aunt & Uncle’s house with my older cousins for a week.
- Watch movies every night.
- Go on an end of summer vacation with my family.
- Go to bed late.
- Play with my Skylander Giant & animal figures constantly.
- Stop singing “Let it Go” already. (OK that’s Mom’s wish, I’ll try).
I am sure I will be adding some more adventures to my list over the next few days. Why don’t you join me and make a list too. They say that if you make a list you get inspired to scratch things off!
Get going and have a terrific summer!