In honor of Flag Day (which happens to be MY Birthday!) I wanted to share some facts about Old Glory with you.
Ever wonder what the colors of the flag signify?
- Red: Valor and bravery
- White: Purity and innocence
- Blue: Vigilance, perseverance, and justice
What about the Stars and Stripes?
- Stars are a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired to.
- There are 50 stars on the flag representing the 50 U.S. States.
- Stripes are symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun.
- There are 13 stripes representing the 13 original colonies. Of the 13 stripes, 7 are red alternating with 6 white.
Fun Fact: 6 flags were placed on the moon but only 5 remain standing! The flag placed for the Apollo 11 mission was blown over by the rocket blast during lift off. NASA says the flags have probably lost their Stars and Stripes due to climate conditions. They have probably faded to white. Of course, who’s really gonna check on that? Maybe one day I’ll take a little trip to the moon. I have a whole world ahead of me to explore, after all isn’t that what the American Spirit is all about?